LIEBIG CASTLE / KOBERN-GONDORF
The castle was built in 1158 on a Celtic, Roman and Frankish cemetery.
It was the residence of the knight Engelbertus de Contrave (Gondorf) From the 14th the 17th century the Leyen castle has been the ancestral house of prince von der Leyen who was the Lord of Gondorf which was later called Guntreve, the today Liebig Castle.
Werner von Leyen in 1272 was the Lord of Gondorf.
From 1879 to 1972 it belonged to the baron von Liebig of Reichenberg the castle bears the name of.